We are a fairly small club (formerly known as the United Enduro Association) with a long history within D37 (over 30 years).
We feel (rather strongly) that everyone who participates in D37 events should belong to a club. I hope the information that follows gives you some insight about our club and encourages you to consider membership in the United MC.
The purpose of the United MC
Our constitution states, “The purpose of the United MC is to unite members in an effort directed toward preserving the rights and privileges of motorcycle enthusiasts, and to conduct and participate in competitive and family-oriented motorcycle activities.” While a somewhat “stuffy” description, I think it captures our intent as a club.
Benefits of Belonging to a Club
You probably know the general benefits of belonging to a club, but as a quick review:
1. It’s a way of giving back to the sport we all enjoy. The fact is that without clubs, there would be no D37 racing. Clubs put on all races we should all do our small part. Secondly, it’s a way of protecting our rights. In combination, D37 clubs provide a loud voice that helps preserve our rights this is a critical, ongoing battle.
2. Pit support. Having club members there to provide support during a race is invaluable.
3. Camaraderie. Sharing the best of times with people you enjoy and that share common interests is just plain fun!
Benefits of Membership within the United MC
In addition to the benefits listed above, the United MC offers:
1. A club rule is that no one leaves a race unless all members are accounted for. If you get hurt or broken down, you will not be left alone you and your family will be taken care of – always.
2. Family bonding we have racers, but we also have spouses and kids that have fun together (outside of racing). We share common interests and experiences, and respect each other’s differences.
3. We are a small club where everyone knows everyone. Don’t expect to join the United MC and remain anonymous! This is a level of intimacy that is not present in larger clubs.
4. We have a long history and excellent reputation something all members are (and should be) proud of.
5. We have many other activities outside of racing which you may choose to participate in (or not). Examples include, beach BBQ’s, semiformal Holiday Party, play-ride weekends, dual sport rides, and many, many others.
6. Some of our members contain a wealth of racing experience and information a great resource to learn from.
7. You can belong to an Enduro club like the United MC, and belong to a desert club too.
Requirements of Membership in the United MC
We are a easy-going group, but here are our requirements of club membership:
1. $40 per year (due Jan of each year) includes the whole family and you usually get a free t-shirt or cap.
2. We ask you attend at least 4 events per year (any combination of outdoor activities and/or meetings)
3. We ask your help on race weekend, as well as Major Marking Weekend (the week before the event) and assist with the annual Motocross in August at Glen Helen (our club fundraiser).
Come Join Us Sometime
We hold our club meetings the second Tuesday of the month. They are held at the Orange County KTM shop, 608 W. Katella Avenue, in Orange (cross street is Batavia). If you can make it, great! If not… we understand that too.
But come get to know us – we are not a bunch of hard partiers nor are we a bunch of nerds. We can guarantee you a bunch of laughs as we sure do have comedians in the bunch.
We respect each other and have a good time around the campfire and tend to watch our language & behavior when kids are present. We are true friends with each other. Come hang out with us in the desert, at an event, guest pit with us, or join us at a club meeting. We welcome new and prospective members. No pressure.
Thank you for your interest and feel free to CONTACT US.
Keep the Rubber Side Down